(Updated 17 November 2015)
This Website is operated by West One Technology Ltd trading as Argostradein.co.uk - Argos Gadget Trade In for and on behalf of Argos Limited ("Argos/we/our/us") a company incorporated in England (Company Number) with registered office at 489-499 Avebury Boulevard, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 2NW. Argos is a member of the Home Retail Group ("the Group"). The Group ("we","us") includes Argos Limited, Argos Business Solutions Limited, Home Retail Group Card Services Limited, Home Retail Group Insurance Services Limited, Home Retail Group Personal Finance Limited, ARG Personal Loans Limited, Homebase Limited, Argos Business Solutions Limited, Habitat Retail Limited and their associated companies. A full list of companies is available upon request.
The purpose of this statement is to set out the purposes for which, and the manner in which, we may collect and use personal information that we may obtain about you.
Argos does not knowingly collect data from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not use this website or submit any personal data to us unless you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
1. When you register and use this site:
2. We may use information that you provide or that is obtained by us:
(a) to register you with our website and to manage any account you hold with us
(b) to administer our website services;
(c) to give to companies and organisations whose products we provide to you, e.g. product, home and motor, financial and travel services.
(d) to fulfil our agreement with you and to process your order and obtain payment.
(e) to analyse and profile your shopping preferences e.g. (market, customer and product analysis) to enable us (i) to provide you with a personalised browsing experience when using the website and (ii) to review, develop and improve the products and services which we offer and to enable us to provide you and other customers with relevant information through our marketing programme
(f) we may use your information to make decisions about you using computerised technology, for example automatically selecting products and/or services which we think will interest you from the information we have.
(g) where you have agreed that we may do so, we may keep you informed of products and services (including products and services of other companies and organisations and including special offers, discounts, offers, competitions, warranties, insurance and so on) which we consider may be of interest to you by any of the following methods:
(h) To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
3. If you do not wish to receive information of products and services which may be of interest to you from us, you can select the opt-out option when you submit your details or you can unsubscribe at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
4. We may engage third party payment providers to administer and process your payment card details in order to complete any purchase that you make through the website.
5. We may store and process your information on our own information technology systems or on systems owned by third parties that may store and process your information on our behalf.
6. In order to protect our customers and us from fraud and theft, we may pass on information that we obtain from making identity checks and other information in our customer records, including how you conduct your account, to other Group companies, other retailers and to financial and other organisations involved in fraud prevention and detection, to use in the same way. Without limitation to the foregoing, we may disclose any information and data relating to you to the police or any regulatory or government authority including and not limited to law enforcement agencies in response to a request in connection with the investigation of any suspected illegal activities.
7. Calls may be recorded to verify content and may be used together with other customer records for regulatory compliance, quality control and staff training, preventing or detecting criminal activity and for complaint resolution.
8. We may give information about you to the following companies and organisations who may use it for the same purposes as set out above:
(a) to other companies in the Group
(b) to employees and agents of the Group and other approved third parties to administer any accounts, products and services provided to you by the Group now or in the future.
(c) to agents who (on our behalf) profile your data so that we may tailor the goods/services we offer to your specific needs.
(d) to other organisations for the administration of prize draws or competitions
(e) to anyone to whom we transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you.
(f) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
9. In carrying out the activities specified in this policy, we may transfer data to reputable companies outside the European Economic Area. Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your information will be afforded the same level of protection as that required of us under applicable UK data protection legislation you should be aware that countries outside the European Economic Area may not offer the same level of protection of personal data.
11. We are required to provide you with clear and comprehensive information about the cookies which we use on the site and to obtain your consent to the use of the cookies. In order to comply with these requirements we have prepared a cookies policy setting out information about cookies, detailing the cookies we use and providing information on how to manage cookies on your computer.
13. We will treat all of your information in strict confidence and we will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing information and dealing online over the Internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or wilful default.
14. You have the right to see personal data (as defined in the Data Protection Act) that we keep about you upon receipt of a written request and payment of a fee (see Contact Us below).
15. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect please Contact Us.
16. Please be aware that our site may link to other websites which may be accessed through our site. We are not responsible for the data policies or procedures or the content of these linked websites.
This page was last updated on 17 November 2015
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is placed by a website within a computer or device through your web browser; the cookie is subsequently sent back to the same website by the browser.
Cookies are designed to assist your computer or device to remember something the user has done within that website e.g. remembering that the user has logged in, or which buttons have been clicked.
There are specific cookies related to knowing a user is logged in or not. These are known as authentication cookies. Authentication cookies are important for the website to know what information to show you, or if it needs to ask you to log in.
If you wish to find out more about cookies, we find this website quite helpful www.aboutcookies.org (Link will open in a new window. We are not responsible for the content of external websites).
Session cookies - only last for the duration of your browsing session on the website. Your web browser would normally delete these when you close the browser.
Persistent cookies - these last longer than the browser session e.g. if you log into a website and then return to the website some days later, the website knows who you are and displays a welcome message to you. Persistent cookies enable this to happen.
First party cookies - these are set by the domain (or sub-domain) in the web browser e.g. at Argostradein, our first party cookies are set by .Argostradein.co.uk sub-domains.
Third party cookies - these are set by a different domain to the one on the website you are looking at. Third party cookies are used for a variety of reasons. These are outlined in the third party cookie section.
To make full use of your shopping experience on this website, cookies need to be enabled on your browser; certain features will not work if you reject cookies. Cookies are used to offer a personalised experience when browsing the website on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, and by using Apps.
If you choose not to allow cookies you will still be able to browse the site but your experience will not be as good as if you have cookies enabled. Without cookies you may not be able to complete the trade-in process.
Yes, cookies, or other data storing devices are used on all of our digital channels (web, mobile, tablet and Apps).
We know that lots of our customers now shop using more than one channel, so we've put all the information about cookies and similar technologies on each of the channels we offer right here, in one place. So whether you read these pages from your computer, your mobile phone, or your tablet, you can find out about our cookies and similar technologies and our policy all in one place. It's just one of the things we do to make your life as a valued customer, easier.
On the whole we only keep cookies for the duration of your visit to one of the channels (website, mobile website etc) except where indicated otherwise in the cookie list. Please see the cookie list for more information. Cookies placed by our carefully selected third party partners may be retained for longer.
No, cookies do not contain confidential information such as your home address, telephone number or credit card details. We do not control what information is stored by third party cookies.
|Purpose and functionality relying on the cookie||This cookie is used to store a unique tracking identifier so that the customer can be tracked through the ordering process. Without this cookie the order basket and signed in status would fail to work. It is therefore an essential part of the site.|
You have different options to manage the cookies on your computer or device. You can change your browser settings to prevent cookies from being accepted, or, depending on which browser you are using, you might be able to receive an alert when a website is trying to place one on your browser. With most browsers you can allow first party cookies to be set but refuse third party cookies.
If you change your cookie preferences, you will still be able to browse around the site but certain functions will not be available, for example you will not be able to place a reservation or a home delivery order, set up a new account or access an existing account. Also, by not allowing cookies, some of our standard functionality will not work, for example deleting certain cookies will remove items from your trolley or sign you out of your Argos.co.uk account. Also, in the trolley icon at the top right of the web page, it may appear that you have items in your trolley, although these may actually have been deleted.
Your browsers 'help' menu should tell you how to block cookies or change your cookie settings. How you adjust your browser will depend on the browser you are using.
You can delete cookies stored in your browser by using a function in your browser. Whilst this does not mean you won't collect cookies in the future, it gives you freedom to delete your cookies after you have been online. This function is often known as 'clearing cookies'.
Clearing your cookies on one browser of one device does not automatically clear them on another. You need to clear all browsers on all channels independently.
You can find some helpful information about controlling your cookies on www.aboutcookies.org